2015 Sony Legacy Vinyl 180 gram reissue:
"Bitches Brew is a studio double album by jazz musician Miles Davis, released in June of 1970 on Columbia Records. The album continued Davis' experimentation of electric instruments previously featured on his critically acclaimed In a Silent Way album. With the use of these instruments, such as the electric piano and guitar, Davis rejected traditional jazz rhythms in favor of a looser, rock-influenced improvisational style. One of Davis' best-selling albums and masterpieces, Bitches Brew marked a turning point in modern jazz. Upon release, it received a mixed response, due to the album's unconventional style and revolutionary sound. Later, Bitches Brew gained recognition as one of jazz's greatest albums and a progenitor of the jazz rock genre, as well as a major influence on rock and funk musicians".
This description is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
"LEGACY VINYL: HEAR WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING. FORMATS COME AND GO, BUT NOTHING SOUNDS AS GOOD AND AS WARM AS A VINYL RECORDING. THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMBINATION OF NEEDLE AND GROOVE THAT SHOWCASES MUSIC IN IT'S VERY BEST LIGHT."
* MILES DAVIS - TRUMPET
* WAYNE SHORTER - SOPRANO SAXOPHONE
* BENNIE MAUPIN - BASS CLARINET
* CHICK COREA - ELECTRIC PIANO (SOLO ON "MILES RUNS THE VOODOO DOWN")
* JOHN MCLAUGHLIN - GUITAR
* DAVE HOLLAND - BASS
* HARVEY BROOKS - ELECTRIC BASS
* LENNY WHITE - DRUM SET
* JACK DEJOHNETTE - DRUM SET
* DON ALIAS - CONGAS, DRUM SET
* JUMA SANTOS (CREDITED AS "JIM RILEY") - SHAKER, CONGAS
* LARRY YOUNG - ELECTRIC PIANO ON "MILES RUNS THE VOODOO DOWN" "JOHN MCLAUGHLIN" "SPANISH KEY" AND "PHARAOH'S DANCE"
* JOE ZAWINUL - ELECTRIC PIANO ON "BITCHES BREW" "SANCTUARY" "SPANISH KEY" AND "PHARAOH'S DANCE"
* BILLY COBHAM - DRUM SET
* AIRTO MOREIRA - PERCUSSION