Product Catalog ::
Shine On (2LPs)
"Shine On is the second album by Australian Rock band Jet, released in early October 2006. The title of the album was revealed on the band's website homepage.
iTunes leaked the album in the Australian and UK stores on 16 September 2006, over two weeks before the actual release date. After iTunes leaked the album, Shine On made its way onto file sharing sites through forums of similar bands and people shared that information with other people on Jet's MySpace page.
On 23 September 2006, Triple J premiered the album on its Music Specials show along with interviews with the band. A day later, Nova 100 played the entire album on the radio as a preview.
The album debuted at #3 on the Australian ARIA Albums chart the week of 8 October 2006 and became the fiftieth highest selling album for 2006. It has also gone platinum (70,000+ units shipped). It also debuted and peaked at number 13 on the Official UK Top 75 Albums Chart and 16 on the Billboard 200, but quickly fell out of the top 100 within four weeks.
Critical reaction to the album was mixed; British music magazine NME, for instance, called the record "another joyfully old-fashioned rock'n'roll album immersed in the classics," while the American review site Pitchfork Media posted a review containing only a video clip of a chimpanzee urinating into its own mouth. An episode of the animated FX series Blood Sisters makes a reference to this when they see the video with Kurumi saying, "Hey, that's my opinion on the last Beatles album, too!". She then later says, "But seriously, Pitchfork, f*ck you."
Read more at Wikipedia about this album or artist ...
This description is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
1. "L'esprit D'escalier" --- 0:23 (C. Cester, N. Cester, C. Muncey)
2. "Holiday" --- 3:25 (C. Cester, N. Cester, C. Muncey)
3. "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" --- 2:32 (C. Cester, N. Cester, C. Muncey)
4. "Bring It on Back" --- 4:09 (N. Cester)
5. "That's All Lies" --- 2:43 (C. Cester, N. Cester, C. Muncey)
* "Hey Kids" --- 3:12 (this song is track 6 on the American version of the album)
6. "Kings Horses" --- 3:20 (C. Cester, N. Cester)
7. "Shine On" --- 4:36 (N. Cester)
8. "Come On, Come On" --- 4:24 (C. Cester, N. Cester, C. Muncey)
9. "Stand Up" --- 4:33 (C. Cester, N. Cester)
10. "Rip It Up" --- 3:19 (C. Cester, N. Cester)
11. "Skin and Bones"--- 3:17 (C. Cester, S. Hesketh)
12. "Shiny Magazine" --- 3:28 (C. Cester, N. Cester)
13. "Eleanor" --- 3:34 (C. Cester, N. Cester)
14. "All You Have to Do" --- 4:38 (C. Cester, N. Cester, C. Muncey)