Product Catalog ::
Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (180 Gram Vinyl)
"... a 1974 album by Funkadelic, originally released on Westbound Records. On this album, the lyrics generally take a backseat to the music and the jamming. It is one of the most popular Funkadelic albums among fans, and considered an essential album for fans of lead guitarist Eddie Hazel. Hazel co-wrote all of the album's songs, although the songwriting credits were mostly in the name of Grace Cook, Hazel's mother (a gambit by Hazel to avoid contractual difficulties with the publishing rights).
Read more at Wikipedia about this album or artist ...
This description is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
1. "Red Hot Momma" (Bernie Worrell, George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 4:54 (released as a single-Westbound 5000)
2. "Alice in My Fantasies" (George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 2:26
3. "I'll Stay" (George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 7:16
4. "Sexy Ways" (George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 3:05
1. "Standing on the Verge of Getting It On" (George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 5:07 (released as a single-Westbound 224)
2. "Jimmy's Got a Little Bit of Bitch in Him" (George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 2:33 (released as the B-side of "Standing on the Verge of Getting It On")
3. "Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts" (George Clinton, Eddie Hazel) - 12:30
Note: on songs 2-7, Eddie Hazel's songwriting credit was in the name of his mother, Grace Cook.
* SPACED VIKING; KEYBOARDS & VOCALS: BERNIE WORRELL
* TENOR VOCALS, CONGAS AND SUAVE PERSONALITY: CALVIN SIMON
* A PROTOTYPE WEREWOLF; BERSERKER OCTAVE VOCALS: FUZZY HASKINS
* WORLD'S ONLY BLACK LEPRECHAUN; BASS & VOCALS: BOOGIE MOSSON
* MAGGOTEER LEAD/SOLO GUITAR & VOCALS: EDDIE 'SMEDLEY SMORGANOFF' HAZEL
* RHYTHM/LEAD GUITAR, DOOWOP VOCALS, SINISTER GRIN: GARRY SHIDER
* SUPREME MAGGOT MINISTER OF FUNKADELIA; VOCALS, MANIAC FROTH AND SPIT; BEHAVIOUR ILLEGAL IN SEVERAL STATES: GEORGE CLINTON
* PERCUSSION & VOCALS; EQUIPPED WITH STEREO ARMPITS: TIKI FULWOOD
* RHYTHM/LEAD GUITAR; POLYESTER SOUL-POWERED TOKEN WHITE DEVIL: RON BYKOWSKI
* REGISTERED AND LICENSED GENIE; VOCALS: 'SHADY' GRADY THOMAS
* SUBTERRANEAN BASS VOCALS, SUPERCOOL AND STINKY FINGERS: RAY (STINGRAY) DAVIS
* DRUMS: GARY BRONSON
* BASS: JIMMY CALHOUN
* PIANO: LEON PATILLO
* PERCUSSION: TY LAMPKIN
Customers who bought this item also bought...