Product Catalog ::
Trout Mask Replica (2 LPs x 180 gram)
"... the third studio album by Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band, released in June, 1969. The album was produced by Frank Zappa, a friend and former schoolmate of Beefheart (also known as Don Van Vliet), and was originally released on Zappa's own Straight Records imprint in 1969. Combining blues-rock, psychedelic rock, avant-garde, free jazz and other disparate genres of American music, the album is regarded as an important work of experimental music and a major influence in alternative rock, post-punk, noise rock, and grunge. A widely recognized and acclaimed composition, Trout Mask Replica appears at number 58 on Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of All Time".
Read more at Wikipedia about this album or artist ...
This description is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
The Dust Blows Forward 'N The Dust Blows Back
Hair Pie: Bake 1
Moonlight on Vermont
Sweet Sweet Bulbs
Neon Meate Dream of a Octafish
My Human Gets Me Blues
Hair Pie: Bake 2
When Big Joan Sets Up
Sugar 'n Spikes
Ant Man Bee
Orange Claw Hammer
She's Too Much For My Mirror
Hobo Chang Ba
Steal Softly Thru Snow
Old Fart at Play
Veteran's Day Poppy
ALL SONGS WRITTEN BY VAN VLIET.
RECORDED ON NOVEMBER 1968--APRIL 1969 AT WHITNEY STUDIOS, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
* DON VAN VLIET (CAPTAIN BEEFHEART) --- VOCALS, TENOR SAXOPHONE, SOPRANO SAXOPHONE, BASS CLARINET, MUSETTE, SIMRAN HORN, HUNTING HORN, JINGLE BELLS
* BILL HARKLEROAD (ZOOT HORN ROLLO) --- GUITAR, FLUTE
* JEFF COTTON (ANTENNAE JIMMY SEMENS) --- GUITAR, VOCALS ON "PENA" AND "THE BLIMP"
* VICTOR HAYDEN (THE MASCARA SNAKE) --- BASS CLARINET, ADDITIONAL VOCALS
* MARK BOSTON (ROCKETTE MORTON) --- BASS GUITAR
* JOHN FRENCH (DRUMBO) --- DRUMS, PERCUSSION
* DOUG MOON --- GUITAR ON "CHINA PIG"
* GARY "MAGIC" MARKER --- BASS GUITAR ON "MOONLIGHT ON VERMONT", "VETERAN'S DAY POPPY"
* FRANK ZAPPA --- VOICE (NOT VOCALS) ON "PENA", "THE BLIMP"
* ROY ESTRADA --- BASS GUITAR ON "THE BLIMP" (UNCREDITED)
* ARTHUR TRIPP III --- DRUMS & PERCUSSION ON "THE BLIMP" (UNCREDITED)
* DON PRESTON --- PIANO ON "THE BLIMP" (UNCREDITED)
* IAN UNDERWOOD AND BUNK GARDNER --- ALTO AND TENOR SAXOPHONES ON "THE BLIMP" (UNCREDITED)
* BUZZ GARDNER --- TRUMPET ON "THE BLIMP" (UNCREDITED)
Customers who bought this item also bought...