Street-Legal is Bob Dylan's 18th studio album, released in 1978 by Columbia Records. The album features a major musical departure for Dylan, who for the first time utilizes a large, pop-rock band, complete with female backing vocalists.
Following the twin successes of Blood on the Tracks and Desire, Street-Legal was another gold record for Dylan, but it peaked at only #11 on the US Billboard charts, making it his first studio album to miss the US Top 10 since 1964. However, it became his best-selling studio album in the UK, reaching #2 on the charts (his highest position in eight years) and achieving platinum status with 300,000 copies sold (the only other Dylan album to do this was The Essential Bob Dylan).
This description is from Wikipedia, the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately reflected here.
1. "Changing of the Guards" --- 7:04 2. "New Pony" --- 4:28 3. "No Time to Think" --- 8:19 4. "Baby, Stop Crying" --- 5:17 5. "Is Your Love in Vain?" --- 4:30 6. "Señor (Tales of Yankee Power)" --- 5:42 7. "True Love Tends to Forget" --- 4:14 8. "We Better Talk This Over" --- 4:04 9. "Where Are You Tonight? (Journey Through Dark Heat)" --- 6:16
ALL SONGS BY BOB DYLAN.
* BOB DYLAN --- LEAD VOCALS, RHYTHM ELECTRIC GUITAR
* IAN WALLACE --- DRUMS
* JERRY SCHEFF --- BASS GUITAR
* BILLY CROSS --- LEAD ELECTRIC GUITAR
* ALAN PASQUA --- KEYBOARDS
* BOBBYE HALL --- PERCUSSION
* STEVE DOUGLAS --- TENOR AND SOPRANO SAXOPHONE
* STEVEN SOLES --- RHYTHM GUITAR AND BACKGROUND VOCALS
* DAVID MANSFIELD --- VIOLIN AND MANDOLIN
* CAROLYN DENNIS --- BACKGROUND VOCALS
* JO ANN HARRIS --- BACKGROUND VOCALS
* HELENA SPRINGS --- BACKGROUND VOCALS
* STEVE MADAIO --- TRUMPET ON "IS YOUR LOVE IN VAIN?"